Yesterday, my girlfriend over at The Zhush posted a recipe of mine. Sue is a seriously talented interiors expert, and has an incredible eye for design. Her kitchen is pretty spot on to my dream kitchen, so I luckily get to live vicariously through her!
Anyway, a few weeks back she asked me to share a Spring recipe for her and her readers, so I worked to put together a salad that featured seasonal fresh ingredients. We are nearing the end of Citrus season, but right now, grapefruit, oranges, limes, and lemons are so fresh and delicious. This is the perfect time to make this salad, and it could be a great addition to any Easter spread this weekend.
I made it with fresh grilled scallops, but you could easily substitute, canned tuna, chicken breast, or grilled shrimp instead.
What you need: (feeds 4)
- 20 Scallops
- large package of mixed greens
- 2 plum or heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large grapefruit, skinned and chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste